More than 1200 people from across 197 offices gathered for Ray White New Zealand’s annual awards at Spark Arena last night to celebrate and recognize the top offices and individual achievers from throughout the leading network.
Ray White New Zealand CEO Daniel Coulson (pictured above) congratulated the network on their incredible achievements over the last 12 months.
“The past twelve months have presented the most challenging market conditions that many of us have experienced in our time in real estate,” Mr Coulson said.
“They are conditions that have tested our resolve, our determination, at times – our abilities but ultimately our decision making.
“It is that decision-making that has seen many of our people rise, but ìt can and has been costly to many others. In property management similar challenges have arisen in regulation.
“It has been said that challenging times are character building, but that is not the case – challenging times are character revealing.
“The decisions every single one of us make on a daily basis have an impact on the reputation, confidence and trust of our organisation.
“On the street corner, at the dining room table, on the auction floor, on the phone, with our competitors and with our own team we are proud to be Ray White
“The performance of our very best people is leveraged by every member of our organisation.
“It is incumbent upon each of us to ensure that it is not taken for granted and that our decision making reflects the we and not the I.
“As we look to the road ahead of us, we can be confident in our ability to continue to lead the market in innovation, in our processes, the structure of our business as we welcome the next leaders of our organisation, and ultimately our ability to deliver the outcomes that our clients, our customers and our members are seeking.”
Ray White Group managing director Dan White (pictured above) said he was honoured to celebrate the achievements of the network over the last year.
“What an enormous year, by any standard a challenging year, not without its obstacles. For everyone here celebrating with your peers and colleagues, what a joy it is to be alongside you,” Mr White said.
“To our award winners this year, the achievements we celebrate tonight don’t come without huge sacrifices and we recognise the enormous effort you have put in.”
The CEO Cup is the most coveted award for the Ray White network, and is a prize awarded to individuals who have made a significant contribution to Ray White.
This year’s CEO Cup was awarded to Vanessa McKenzie (pictured above) who represents Ray White’s values and leadership at the highest level.
Ms McKenzie said the award came as a huge surprise, and that she couldn’t have done it without her team.
“Ray White provides such amazing tools and our job is to implement them and I have a team around me who are willing to embrace things and try something new, so this is really our success as a team,” she said.
“With a little bit of trust we can go a really long way.
“Trust, confidence, and entrepreneurship is what got us to where we are today.”
For the ninth year in a row, the award for Office of the Year went to Ray White Remuera, with Ray White Manukau in second place, followed by Ray White Howick.
Ray White Remuera business owners Megan Jaffe, John Bowring, and Thomas Farmer celebrated the success of their team (pictured above), with two of the office’s top agents Steve and Nila Koerber accepting the award on stage.
“Some might think this award was a little bit easier to achieve this time around, especially since Ray White Remuera has achieved this award for nine years in a row, but it wasn’t easy,” they said.
“It takes guts, stamina, initiative, focus, and incredibly hard work.
“Behind every enduring success story there are countless unseen struggles and a few joyous moments like tonight!”
Mr and Mrs Koerber attributed the success of the business to the leadership of Megan Jaffe.
“Born of personal adversity and with a deep drive to learn, Megan’s success is well deserved because she cares so deeply about people.
“Nike’s slogan is ‘just do it’ but Megan’s slogan is ‘just do the right thing’.”
The award for Number 1 Residential Salesperson went to Ray White New Brighton agent Holly Jones (pictured above third from right with her team).
“It’s such an honour to be recognised as number one residential salesperson at Ray White New Zealand,” Ms Jones said.
“I couldn’t have done it without my incredible team who go above and beyond every day, and thank you to all our amazing clients who helped us achieve this amazing milestone.
“It’s a privilege to work with such incredible people, and I look forward to seeing everything the we can achieve over the next year.”
Ray White Epsom agent Richard Thode was awarded as the Number 2 Residential Salesperson, while Ray White Mt Eden agent Rachel Berry came in at number 3.
The award for Rural Salesperson of the Year went to Ray White Gisborne agent Alan Thorpe, while the award for Commercial Salesperson of the Year went to RWC Christchurch agent Paula Raine.
The Administrator of the Year award went to Ray White Mt Eden Office Performance Manager Clarissa Searle.
The award for Property Manager of the Year went to Ray White Best Property Management’s Andrea Boussicot.
Ray White New Zealand also welcomed four new Life Members in Christine Fowler, Bob Mountfort, Neil Baker, and Phil Horribin.
“We are proud of the contribution of our long standing members and the stability they bring to our organisation, they have been part of building the foundation that allows Ray White New Zealand to perform today,” Mr Coulson said.
“These are people with service to the organisation in its journey from 1993 to today, people that have made a significant contribution to the group and have been instrumental in navigating this company to the point in which we all share the rewards.”
Ray White New Zealand 2023 award winners:
- CEO Cup: Vanessa McKenzie, Ray White Whangarei
- Life Members:
– Christine Fowler
– Bob Mountfort
– Neil Baker
– Phil Horribin
- Office of the Year: Ray White Remuera
- Number One Residential Salesperson: Holly Jones, Ray White New Brighton
- Commercial Salesperson of the Year: Paula Raine, RWC Christchurch
- Rural Salesperson of the Year: Alan Thorpe, Ray White Gisborne
- Property Manager of the Year: Andrea Boussicot, Best Property Management
- Administrator of the Year: Clarissa Searle, Ray White Mt Eden
- Admin Team of the Year: Ray White Papamoa
- Customer Experience Salesperson:
– Habeeb Urrahman, Ray White Auckland Central
– Jodi Hussey, Ray White Napier
– Jono Nicholson, Ray White Napier
– Stuart Morris, Ray White Rangiora
– Tracey Campbell, Ray White Napier
- Customer Experience Office:
– Ray White Whangarei
– Ray White Rangiora
– Ray White Napier
– Ray White Manukau
– Ray White Howick
- Best Presented Office: Ray White Manukau
- Community Award – Individual: Des Smith
- Community Award – Office: Whangarei
- Supreme Growth: William Calder, Ray White Karori
- Excellence in Auction – Individual: Rachel Berry, Ray White Mt Eden
- Excellence in Auction – Office: Ray White Whangarei
- Digital Marketer of the Year (sponsored by TradeMe): Simon Standeven, Ray White Ferrymead
- Marketing Excellence – Salesperson:
– Ross Hawkins, Ray White Epsom
– Thomas Reil, Ray White Whangarei
- Marketing Excellence – Office:
– Ray White Kemeys Brothers
– Ray White Manukau
- Emerging Member – Regional South Island: Rowan Shepherd, Ray White Lincoln
- Emerging Member – Regional North Island: Ben White, Ray White Gisborne
- Emerging Member – Metro: Gabriel Elkishin, Ray White Takanini
- New Start Office: Ray White Prebbleton
- Property Management Office of the Year – Large: 360 Property Management
- Property Management Office of the Year – Small: Ray White Keri Keri
- Customer Experience Property Management Individual: Ryan Meecham, Hamilton Property Management
- Customer Experience Property Management Office: Ray White Remuera
- Excellence in Business Development – Property Management: Ashleigh Clutterbuck, Metro Property Management
- Emerging Property Manager: Jaide Wooler, 360 Property Management